Friday, February 4, 2011

Out on the Farm

My husband is becoming a little country bumpkin. I don't know whether or not I should be proud or just laugh. Travis been fairly bored lately. That's what happens when you've been unemployed for almost two years. So anyways, back to my story. Travis was bored today and asked Kory if he could help him Castrate the pigs. I mean seriously, who does that out of boredom? Well honey, I'm bored today, lets go castrate something. I was a little dumbfounded. So anyways. I went outside to watch because I have never seen that done before. It is not something I want to watch again. The first pig just sat there not really squealing at all. You wonder whether or not it hurts? I mean you would think it would considering your having yours balls cut out with a blunt knife.
Travis, Kory and David getting the pig ready for castration.

They finally decided to toss him over the fence.

Travis sawing away.

Look at him, so proud of his handy work. And yes, he's holding balls


Elena was traumatized from this whole experience. She went outside with me, since I couldn't leave her in the house all by herself. She screamed the whole time. Poor kid. The second pig was even worse. HE squealed the whole time, even after they tossed him over the fence. I finally had to bring Elena inside because she was getting so upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment