
Elena is officially 6 weeks old, time has flown by and she is getting huge. She is definitely going to be tall that's for sure. Today I took her to the doctors just because it looked like she was getting a rash on the side of her face, luckily it just turned out to be eczema. It's only on her face and not the rest of her body so I've got some cream that I started putting on her today. So far so good. In the 2 weeks since her last doctor's appointment she has gained a pound. She now weighs 10lbs 14oz =(. I'm not ready for this big growth spurt. I'm not sure if she has grown in inches yet because her next big appt is in Nov when she has to get her 2 month shots. Now that's going to be interesting. Lately, she has been getting more and more fussy. It seems she wants to be held a lot more which can get quite annoying especially when we are trying to do things that require both hands. She also has been eating a lot more, probably about every 2 hours or so. Last night she slept all night long. It was weird not getting up with her at 1-2am, and Travis getting up with her at 630. This morning it was me who got up with her at 630 because I didn't have to get up with her at all. She probably slept about 8-9hrs straight, oh it was amazing to get a full nights sleep at one time. One thing that gets annoying is the fact that in order for Elena to really fall asleep she has to be laying with one of us. She has to have body contact to fall asleep, and doesn't really enjoy being swaddled. If she doesn't lay with us, she likes to sleep in our bed which I really don't let her do very often because it's not a habit I want her to get. Today was the first day that she was actually around a lot of different people. Travis and I went to the gym together, since we had to wait for her to be 6weeks so both of us could go. She slept the whole time we were there and had just woken up when we went to pick her up. At least she saved her fussiness for the car and for home. It was great to actually be able to do something with both of us that didn't require her coming with us. Tomorrow she is getting her first pictures done, since I have been slacking off on that the last couple of weeks.I am so happy over the fact that Travis and I have been able to get Elena off the paci that she had when she was in the hospital. The green ones where you can stick your finger in them to hold them in place. We have now graduated to normal pacifiers.. I love it! I have decided that Travis and I have some expensive hobbies.

We've decided to take up scuba diving. It has been something we've wanted to do since we went when we were in Hawaii back in 07. And even though we have Elena we are hoping to take some trips down to the lake to go diving once we get certified. Luckily for us Travis' brother Jonathan and his wife Camille have agreed to watch Elena when we have our classes. This will allow them to see if they can juggle a baby and a lot of kids. Hopefully she'll behave for them. My sister and my neice will be coming in this weekend for 2 weeks so they can see Elena. We are all looking forward to the trip. Cassie and I plus the kids will be heading down to Phoenix to see our family that lives down there. This will be the first time that my family other then my mom have been able to see Elena. I just hope the drive to Phoenix goes smoothly with a 6 week old and a 3 almost 4 year old.
She is too cute! Have fun in Phoenix!!!
ReplyDeleteTime flies doesn't it? I can't believe she's 6 weeks already. She's sure a cutie. Congrats, on the sleeping through the night. I hope this will become a habit for her. It's so refreshing getting a full uninterupted nights sleep. See you soon!
ReplyDelete