Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blog Dump

I figured that since it's been 3 weeks since I last updated everyone I might as well do it now. We have been been busy but also not very busy at the same time. As most people know by now, Elena is walking. She has been trying to walk since she was 9 months old. She was always able to walk holding onto furniture, but now for the most part she is walking without holding onto anything. You might even catch her trying to run.
On the 28th, Elena and I went to NC to visit my mom. Unfortunately, we were unable to see Cassie and Haley but I did get to see my grandparents who live outside Asheville, NC. The weather was awesome and Elena definitely wasn't used to the nature sounds. We arrived after midnight and we got to my moms house and she kind of looked around and gave me this "Why is it so dark, and what is the sound" look. I just looked and her and told her that, that was the sound of nature. She loved chasing my mom's cats around the house. Though, I don't think that they appreciated it to much. The flight out there wasn't that bad since it was a non stop flight. But on the way back, it was a little more difficult. I've learned that traveling by yourself with a baby is a pain. Not only wouldn't she sit still the first 2 hours of the flight, but the flight attendants were also getting snippy because we were walking up and down the aisles. Also, I bought an umbrella stroller before we left so I didn't have to bring my huge one out to NC. I had been checking it at the gate without any problems until we got into St. Louis. They had forgotten to put my stroller underneath the plane before we took off. So when we landed, no stroller. Luckily, we were flying into Vegas, otherwise I would have been more upset then I was. But it did make it more complicated when getting back to the car with 2 suitcases, a carseat, a back pack and my diaper bag/purse. While I was out there I did get to see my best friend Donna's new baby Elise. I love little babies.
As most people have heard by now, we are moving back in with the In laws in Utah. We have decided that it was time for us to get out of Nevada. As most people these days are, we are financially tight. And have decided to move back to Utah until Travis gets a job elsewhere. Once he gets one, then I will also be able to get one, once we figure out where we're moving too.

4 generations

1 comment: