Sunday, December 19, 2010

NYC

I am totally slow when it comes to updating this blog for everyone. But most people know that my computer has decided to stop working. So now, that the computer upstairs is free for now, I can now update my Thanksgiving trip to Connecticut.


Two days after Thanksgiving, Travis, Cassie, Haley, Elena and I all drove down to New Haven to catch the train at Penn station down to NYC's Grand Central station. We didn't start off as early as we had planned. We were planning to be out of the house at 7am. Well I happened to be the first one up and it was 645am. So much for us getting out of the house by 7 o'clock. Oh well. The train station was definitely really crowded. Tickets were bought, and down to the tracks we went. Well, Cassie looks at me and says what track do we go to? I was like did anyone bother to look at the board that said which track? Unanimous answer of "No". Well, luckily for me, I had already looked at the board and knew which track we needed to go to. The train was about an hour and a half long. Which surprisingly wasn't that bad. Even if we did have many stops on the way down. But not nearly as many as we did on the way back. Well first thing was first when we got there, finding a bathroom. We decided to just walk down the street until we found somewhere, but food was a must. So we had some NYC pizza. Talk about yummy. We were at the corner of West 42nd and 5th Ave. Considering how many movies and show's I've seen, I had to take a picture of the 5th ave sign.
While your standing at this corner, if you look west (I think) you are able to see the Chrysler building that is passed Grand Central Station. It took us a while to figure out that, that was the Chrysler building. Originally, we had thought it was the Empire state building. But it wasn't.Well, after food pictures and pizza, we continued to walk down 5th Ave. Now, when you think New York, you think a ton of people. Well considering that it was colder then all get out, and it was a Saturday, there weren't as many people as I thought there would. But I'm not complaining about that. I already had a ton of people complaining about strollers. Some people in NYC are straight up mean. Learn some southern hospitality people. Geez. But anyways. Now, I am a short person. Normally, I don't have a shortness complex, but in NYC I definitely did. I was like wow, I feel like a midget. These buildings were huge.
Central Park was amazing to see and we really didn't get to see a lot of it. We were running out of day light and wanted to see a ton of different things, but didn't get a chance to. That's okay, definitely next time. But Central park was beautiful, even in winter with no leaves on the trees.

And of course, you can't be in NYC without taking a picture of a F.D.N.Y truck.

After Central Park we walked to Rockefellar Center, where the shoot GMA. We also saw the skating rink that is there. I was a little disappointed with that one, because it's not as big as I had imagined it would be. But it was still fun to see all of it though.

Times Square was packed! There were more people in that one area then there was everywhere else we had been. I didn't get any pictures on my camera, I'll have to get my sister's pictures for this one. But it was fun to see, but I didn't really enjoy being compacted like that. I can't imagine being there on New Years when there are millions of people there. Though they already have the ball up that they drop.


After times square we were all ready to go. Elena had already fallen asleep in her stroller, which was really cute. Because she fell asleep leaning forward on the tray, and I had to push her back so she wouldn't slip out. But overall it was a fun trip and everyone fell asleep on the train, including Elena. But that wasn't until we were almost to our station that she decided to fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment