Saturday, May 21, 2011

Zoo

Last Saturday we went to the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City. But our day started out pretty early. Travis' old friend Chris and his girlfriend Michaela surprised us this morning by driving all night to come visit us!!! What amazing friends, we love you guys. Since today was Military appreciation day, active duty military, and veterans and their families got in free today. So off to the zoo we went. We had a lot of fun. Elena enjoyed seeing all the animals, especially the gorillas, rhinos and the monkey's. She was a little bit amazed by the ostrich, and on how tall the giraffes were.

Elena looking at the map

Elena, and Daddy checking out the animals

Spider monkey!

Elephants

My little rockstar

Daddy and Elena walking... She wanted her backpack on

Chris and Michaela
Elena hitching a ride

Tigers

Giraffe

Ugliest camels EVER!

Gorilla.. Goorriilllaa (Tarzan reference)

Tired little one... Just winding down

This is her "smiling" she was just to tired to care
The most exciting part was... Drum roll please... I LOST MY PHONE AT THE ZOO!!! How awesome is that (not). There goes all 800+ pictures I had on my phone plus all the cool videos I had.. Like Elena dancing and Travis doing his chicken dance.. Good thing for cell phone insurance because I've already replaced my phone. I hope the gorilla's hadn't gotten a hold of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment