Monday, November 14, 2011

Slacking:)

I am a slacker, I know. I used to update my blog all the time, now I don't. :p. Halloween has come and gone, Elena couldn't decide if she wanted to be a cat or a fairy, so when we went to Candace's trunk or treat at her church she was both. She was an adorable fairy cat.
Most people who know me, knows that I actually hate Halloween. I actually don't like dressing up, I hate the amount of candy that makes its way into the house and what not. But I am a LOVER of winter. I may be a Halloween scrooge, but I LOVE decorating for Christmas. We are already starting to put Christmas lights on the outside of the house because of all this white stuff we've been getting lately. Yes, we've already gotten snow. Heather and Hanna had come up about a week ago and the Saturday they were supposed to leave there was SNOW on the ground. At my house we got probably about 4.5"- 6.5" of snow depending on where you measured. When I told Elena there was snow outside, she popped up out of bed, looked out the window and was like SNOW! She hurried and went into her room where Heather and Hanna were sleeping, grabbed her stool and tried to get her shirts out of the closet, her pants of the dresser and her socks and shoes on. Heather was just laughing at Elena because she was so darn cute! She even helped me shovel the walkway. We love snow.

Now onto the fun part of Saturday 11/5. After Heather and Hanna left, Elena and I went to Travis' work to bring him lunch and his car keys.(How did he get to work with no keys? Once my car is on, it doesn't need keys to drive), well I'd never been to the SLCC campus on Redwood before, or where anything was. So Elena and I went on the walkway that I had saw, that was cleared a little bit. It just happened to be a small stone walkway. Well as I was holding Elena's hand, and carrying food and drinks in the other I stepped off the walkway to allow someone else to walk by. I slipped on the snow and when I looked up Elena was falling and face planting it on the ground. I hurried and scrambled up, all food is on the ground now, and pick her up. Notice that her head is starting to bleed a little bit. All food forgotten, I try to hurry to the door of the library while carrying her, trying to apply pressure to said head wound because it's now starting to bleed even more. Managed to get the door opened and the first thing that comes out of my mouth was not "Hey honey here's lunch" it's "Travis get the first aid kit she's bleeding!!!!!" I'm crying and very traumatized trying to stop the bleeding, Elena is screaming and all this commotion is going on. Well we're trying to apply bandages to her head, Travis takes one of his pain meds, bites it in half and try's to give it to her to help with the pain. (Still doubt she actually took it). "We need to get her to the hospital" My response "I don't know where any of the damn hospitals are in the stupid city!!!!" "Call 911!" Got Elena calmed down a little bit, took her back into the break room, cleaned her up a little bit. Within the next 5 minutes in walk SIX big burly paramedics. They asked me your typical questions, has she seized, vomitted, passed out? No no no. But she did get some pain meds. Since we don't have health insurance they told us where we could take Elena to get looked at. As the paramedics are leaving in walks in the state trooper. Oh c'mon!!! He was extremely nice and followed us to the clinic, where long story short(er) we were told we had to take her to Primary Children's Hospital for observation. They didn't even look at her head to see how big the gash was. Travis and I made a call and decided not to take her to the ER since we couldn't afford it. We took her home, cleaned her head, saw the gash, couldn't determine if it needed stitches or not. So we took her to the insta care down the road from the house. She ended up needing staples. Whew, that story was LONG! It sounds a lot better when told in person and I have pictures on my phone to collaborate it.

Since then, stitches have come out, it has snowed again, and we've all been busy busy busy!! I haven't yet been unleashed on the house when it comes to Christmas decorations. But I will soon!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about all the trauma. I hope she is doing ok and I am so glad that we haven't gotten all the snow that you guys have gotten.

    ReplyDelete