Friday, September 11, 2009

Finally....

It looks like I've finally decided to make a blog. We have been fairly busy with our new little princess Elena Jade who was born on the 30 August. At least she decided to come two days early as opposed to keeping me and Travis waiting. She weighed 8lbs 1 oz and was 20 inches. I was surprised to see that she was actually born with a full head of hair. I'm hoping that it lightens up instead of getting darker. When she was in hospital they had her in Level II nursery from Monday afternoon through Thursday afternoon. She was Coombs positive which basically means that our blood types were fighting. She really wanted to be like her mommy. They put her on antibiotics to help fight any infection that she may have gotten and also had her on a Bili pad to help prevent Jaundice. When she was born her WBC was 43,000 which was way to high for any body's comfort. Luckily it went down to where it was supposed to be. She has been an absolute trooper. She doesn't mind being hooked up to IVs and having her blood drawn, but take her temp underneath her arm and she will really let you know how upset she is. She has never really been much of a crier, only when we are taking to long getting her, her bottle. After being born on Sunday the 30th August, we were allowed to bring her home on Thursday 3rd September. It was great to finally get all those hook ups, wires and IVs. She doesn't mind her car rides, she just looks around and says HM, well OK then, nap time! Since she's been home she has been an absolutely perfect little girl. Unfortunately, I left the hospital sick, and have been fighting it since I was there, so about 10 days now. It's been kind of difficult not getting her sick, definitely a lot of hand washing and coughing into anything that's not her blanket, my arm, or her. But she has managed to only getting a stuffy nose from it all. Which is towards her sinuses so I can't suction out all those boogers that are keeping her nose stuffy. My mom has been here for the last 2 weeks and has been a tremendous help. She really enjoyed being able to spend time with her new grandbaby. She definitely was getting in a lot of Nana and baby time. Hopefully, we took plenty of pictures because by the time everyone see's her again and/or for the first time she'll be 3 1/2 months old. Boy time has definitely flown by already. Elena had her first bath a couple of days ago and did not like it one bit. She cried the whole time, which made me sad but also made me laugh because she was letting me know how upset being in that water made her. She has managed to get through it though. In the 12 days that she has been home she has gained back her birth weight and has also grown and inch and a half! My she is getting big. She is still to little to fit into her 0-3 month old clothes, so we are sporting the newborn onesies still. Which is perfectly fine because I had plenty of them that I was worried wouldn't get worn. That's definitely not the case! She is now 8lbs 11oz and is 21 1/2 inches long. Elena is definitely Travis' little girl. He always has to have her sleep with him and I'm always the meany and putting her back in her crib after she has been fed. I always make her fall asleep quicker then Travis does except at night when she doesn't want to sleep she wants to sit there and look around. Which is fine with me because I just get to spend more time with her. Daddy has the morning shift so I can get some sleep instead of being up every 3-4 hours.

3 comments:

  1. cute!! Glad you finally made a blog. If you want sometime tomorrow or on sunday we can come by and visit and then I can show you more about the blog. Its' easy once you have it figured out...like myspace. But I had to learn a few tricks from friends and there is still things I can't do on here....LOL Anyway, this weekend or next week I'll show you when we come by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so precious. What a cutie. I'm so glad you've decided to blog. It's a great way to keep up to date with each other when you don't live close. I can't wait to see Princess Elena in person.

    ReplyDelete