Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Weekend

This past weekend was a whirlwind of activities. Almost non stop since we got there Friday afternoon. On Friday between Hanna and Matt we got probably about 4 phone calls asking when we were going to get there. I was like whenever we get there. Stop STALKING us.. And Hanna being little Miss Smart Alex was like "you want stalking I can call you every 10 minutes" I just told her I wouldn't answer the phone. :). You can definitely tell that my family has acclimated to the cold weather because we showed up in sweaters, long sleeved thermals and jeans. Everyone in Hurricane was wearing short sleeved shirts and shorts. ha ha. I was sweating it was so hot even though it was only 74 degrees outside. I've become a snow bunny. Elena saw Hanna riding the horses she wanted to ride em. But she didn't want to ride with Hanna, or me, she wanted to ride the horse all by herself. Well we put Jamie up there with her. It was cute watching them ride Romeo together.
Then of course I had to ride Rose since it's been a while since I've ridden. But I didn't have my riding boots, but that's okay flip flops worked. ha ha
Friday wasn't as busy as Saturday and Sunday was. But it was still fairly busy. We hung out with Uncle Matt, though she did take a little bit of time warming up to him. All it took for Matt to win her over was a game of, let's scare Daddy. My little girls, affection is easily won over if you know the tricks.
Saturday was the boy's 2nd birthday party. Since everyone was together my sister in laws decided to have the boys joint 2nd birthday party together. It was a lot of fun watching the boys open their presents and have all the kids together. Elena tried to help Jamie open his presents and also tried to steal his toys. But there were plenty of adults there to tell her to give Jamie back his toys. Jamie loved the fondant cars that were on their birthday cupcakes, and wanted everyone's cars. Jamie is one funny kid. The kids were eating lunch when Travis brought Elena and Jamie some grapes. Elena stole a grape off of Jamie's plate, when Jamie looked over at her and said very clearly "Hey! That's mine! Give that back!" I was busted out laughing because it was so funny.
Elena loved having all her cousins to play with. She is especially loved Mya. She was constantly trying to pull me over to Mya and saying Baby, baby. Elena loves babies.
Saturday night the kids got to dye easter eggs. Elena didn't get to this year because it was coming on almost 930 and her bedtime is 830 so she was in bed because she was tired. But the kids had fun dying all their eggs. Tina and I even managed to get in and dye a few before the kids started on them. Camille didn't get to color any though but I'm sure she did when she got back to Vegas.
Sunday morning before everyone went to church we had the big easter egg hunt for the kids. Elena did really well considering last year she wasn't old enough to participate, she just sat on the grass and played with the eggs. But this year she had a blast finding all the eggs with the older kids. She didn't even get distracted and try to eat the eggs. She just put them in her basket and walk on to the next one. My little girl is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment