Tuesday, July 19, 2011

4th of July

This year we spent the 4th of July hanging out at home and relaxing. Travis had just started some more classes so we were unable to go to the Christensen family reunion down in Alton. But we had a lot of fun watching fireworks at our house. Elena wasn't a big fan of the fire works, but she loved throwing the poppers. Travis and I got her throwing them at us, probably because Travis and I were throwing them at each other. They actually really hurt if you throw them with enough force. Like I said before, Elena wasn't a big fan of the fireworks. All the popping, cracking and the booms were scaring her. So finally I had Travis go inside and get Elena a pair of his headsets that he uses to go shooting so they helped block the sound out. She was fine once we had those on her ears.Elena watching Travis light the sparklers.

Elena playing with the sparklers.
I don't think she was a big fan of them. What do you think?
Watching Travis with the headsets on.
Watching the fireworks
Fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment