Is what I officially am. It amazes me how many books I own. I bought a 5 shelf bookcase the other day, thinking that it would hold all my books. NO WAY. Maybe 3/4 of my books, but not all of them. Especially if you are trying to alphabetize said books. I gave up after G. It was getting to difficult with all these books in little piles around me. I know have 3 more boxes of books that I need to put up on the shelf. Travis could tell that I gave up alphabetizing. Oh well. I love books. I have a kindle, which I do love because I can download my really long books that I like to read and be able to read them whenever I want, and I know where it's located at. But I still like to be able to hold my book and flip pages. Anyone looking at my bookshelf right now can probably guess that I am a Nora Roberts/J.D Robb fan. But I also love Alexandre' Dumas (think Count of Monte Cristo, Three Muskateers and Man in the Iron Mask) and who can beat Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)? Everyone has to love some Mark Twain (The Prince and the Pauper, Life on the Mississippi), Arthur Conan Doyle who wrote about Sherlock Holmes, Jack London (Call of the Wild, White Fang), and Jules Verne (Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, Journey to the Center of the Earth). You can't forget about the Grimm's Brothers who wrote the original fairy tales that we all know of today, though they have been altered. For example: The Frog Prince, Hansel and Grethel, Rapunzel, Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
It has always amazed me how my husband Travis, doesn't like reading books. I mean seriously, who doesn't? Though I know there are people out there who don't, and I respect that. But I mean c'mon! Travis has been reading the same book now (Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief) for probably about 8-9 months now. I read that series in probably about 2 weeks, maybe a week and a half. Maybe as he gets older he'll actually enjoy reading.
Elena even has her own book shelf in her room for her own books. She even helped put it together today with Daddy. I will have to download those pictures. It was cute watching her help hammer the nails in. She was excited once I put the shelf into her room and started putting her books on there. Of course she had to start taking them off and "reading" them. Which meant, she flipped through the pages, set it aside and got another one down. But she would put them back after she was done reading them.
No comments:
Post a Comment