Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Moved Finally...

First off let me say that WOOHOO I finally have internet! Travis, Elena and I are officially moved in to our new house. The trip up here was rather interesting. We got off later then we wanted to because we were all sitting in front of the t.v. watching the news about the earthquake/tsunami that hit Japan. But we finally got on the road. Unfortunately, we were only an hour out when a tire on our BIL's trailer blew. Lo and behold, not only does 1 tire need to be replaced, but two other ones do. So why stop at 3 tires, let's do 4! ha ha. Other then that one delay we got up there fairly quickly. Though David and Heather kind of confused me once we got up there. Their GPS was taking them on some random roads and I was in my car behind them going "Where are they going? Just go up another street and turn left!" But no one other then Elena was in the car with me, so yes I was talking to myself. But all the good conversations start out that way :).

Luckily, for us, we had plenty of the Christensen clan to help unload us. With the help of David, Heather, Donna, Richard, Candance, Chris and Travis we managed to get everything unpacked. Then David, Travis, and Richard all started on the appliances, while Donna, Heather and I headed upstairs to start unpacking the bedrooms. Us females got Travis' and I's heavy bed set, set up and exactly where I wanted them to be. I even managed to have my hope chest that Travis had made me for my 21st birthday, at the end of my bed. For the first time since he made it 3 years ago. It was in Elena's room in 09/10 being used for storage. But anywhom. After my room, came Elena's room, then the downstairs. It was a lot easier to have help getting everything done then it would have been with just Travis and I. By the time we went to bed Friday night, we had the front room completed, beds set up upstairs, living room arranged and the dining room table set up. Yay!

After a hard day we all thought we would be sleeping in till a decent hour. Oh no, miss Elena wanted everyone to be up at 6:15am. How sweet of her to wake everyone up. We managed to have an early day. Now Saturday was the day for fixing the things that needed to get completed. There was hooking up the water line for the fridge, mounting the t.v., fixing leaks, installing faucets, fixing bathroom tubs, and many other things that needed to get done while David and Heather were here to help. Since then, things have been going a little more slowly.

I have definitely figured out that getting around the Salt Lake area is not an easy thing to do. The trip to UPS was confusing enough. But I have also decided that some people just don't need to work in technical support at companies, if you are as dumb as a brick. Seriously. I know that sounds harsh but it is so true! I had ordered a modem and disk on the Wednesday before so we could set up Internet, so Travis could start school. Well I received the disk not the modem. So I called the company to find out why they didn't send it to me. I explained that I had needed the modem in order to set up our Internet. Well after explaining this to the lady, she asks me "So you need a modem right?" "Yes, I need a modem." 5 more minutes of explaining, "So you need a modem?" I was like ahhhh "YES that is why I am calling!" When part of me is going no crap sherlock, I am just calling to see how you were doing and to see if there was any way that you could speak English a little better. After spending 15 minutes on the phone with an idiot, she gave me a tracking number. Sweet problem solved right? Um wrong, don't think so. I called UPS to track the package to find out if the modem was going to be delivered today (Monday) like I was told. It said I had signed for it on Saturday. I was like what? No I didn't. So I called the company again. Explained the situation, while kind of insulting the person I had talked to on Saturday. Finally explained that it said I would be providing my own modem. I was like are you serious! AHHHH. But luckily the problem got sorted and we received our modem this morning.

Monday while we were waiting for the non existant package to arrive, we were also waiting for the guy who is going to be fixing our washing machine, to call and tell us when he was going to come. Literally, we waited all DAY! So we didn't do anything on Monday. We kind of just hung around and relaxed. I mean we had a hard weekend. So the guy who is supposed to have already come and fixed the washing machine, still hasn't done that. He did manage to call us today, to tell us that he will call us back. It is now 10:30pm and he still hasn't called us back. Almost 12 hours ago. You would think that he would have already called us back. Sometimes, life is frustrating. But I am enjoying having my own house. I am not enjoying having a ton of crap that either needs to be fixed or replaced. But that just comes with being a homeowner. Definitely a lot of it will be done over time.

Until that day comes, I fear we will be constantly unpacking and fixing things up. I told Travis that it was a good thing that his parents helped us unpacked. He asked me why was that? I told him otherwise nothing would have gotten done as fast. We don't have a very good track record of getting things unpacked fairly quickly. I mean heck, by the time we were done unpacking our last apartment, we were getting ready to move! ha ha ha.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited you guys are in a home by yourselves now. Too bad you have the stress of fixing stuff. We've never had to bother with any of that, luckily. One day we'll be up to visit and see the cute little place! ;) Happy living!

    ReplyDelete